Me

Me
just Me

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

continued...

So ya the school, the head start teachers, his PO, and every one was on hand and willing to work with us, but the other parents just did not and would not listen.  The problem is that my husband has three children from past relationships and he was not permitted to attend any of their choir concerts, or sports activities or teachers conferences and that absence severely damaged his relationship with his children.  He is such a different person now and he really wanted to do better for this daughter.  People are so cruel and operate from a basis of fear rather than knowledge so much its scary.  I'm somewhat fearful for her life in school in the future, guess we will have to take it one step at a time. 
In other parts of life, since yesterday was the 3 years since our daughter passed I'm a complete mess.  I feel like my insides are shaking all the time, and I'm so tired its ridiculous and I feel so very cranky that dealing with an almost 4 year old is very difficult tonight.  SIGH I hate this feeling..  My husband has been just so wonderful for this whole thing.  We are that weird couple who doesn't like to be apart.  We have been basically home bound for over a year now because no one will hire my husband with his past and they don't really want to hire me either because I have his last name.  Not to mention I'm dealing with depression and PTSD from my daughters death.  I am going to school for psychology and I'm doing OK, but its very difficult sometimes because the depression makes it so very difficult to concentrate so I have to read and reread a lot of books, to try to actually learn the material.  Because of this employment difficulty we have been on county assistance for 2 years now and we really want to get off of it.  And we think we know how- we are going to start an Alpaca farm, we just have to get the money together to get the place and get the heard started.  I've been reading up on all of this and I know we can do it.  And I know it can be profitable, just gotta get it going.  cross your fingers!  We just really need a occupation where no one else is in charge of our work and we can work together and provide for our family.  Oh and we want to hire other sex offenders to work as farm hands because there are so many of "them" that can't find jobs we want to help this group of people be able to live.
Ok so dinner is getting done, thank you wonderful husband, I should prob get going. 

3 comments:

  1. I am so glad you're back! Although what you say saddens me because of what it may mean for the future of my children . . . Come to my blog. Let's help each other move forward. We are in very different positions, and yet have so much in common. I imagine we may sometimes see things differently and even be at odds in our opinions, but I still think we can find mutual benefit from reflecting on one another.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. I am also glad you are back.Creating a business that will help people in the same situation is an excellant idea !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well my husband and I have long talked about all the issues sex offenders have. We have thought about a trucking business that highers felons including sex offenders. We also thought if we ever had enough money we would buy an old hotel and make a bunch of efficiency apartments specifically for sex offenders where we would have after care sex offender treatment meetings that are not mandatory but encouraged to help the sex offender get on and stay on the right track. We would offer a discount on the rent if a person attends x amount of meetings. We would also have family counseling and therapy for the family members of sex offenders to help them deal with all the consequences that come with these labels. Now we are thinking of getting all this started with our alpaca farm.

    ReplyDelete