Me

Me
just Me

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Le Sigh

So a person I know posts on Facebook that if you can give him a request and if he can do it he would do it. So I type in "find a level 3 sex offender a job" and all I get back is a  basic NO.

Gosh if this just doesn't push me more to do exactly what I want to do in Psychology.    SO I guess getting my AA really really does matter and and I am so very badly needed.

Today was my commencement, but I didn't walk this year.  I had thought I was going to finish my AA last summer, but that did not happen and it got postponed till this year, and I could have walked.  I didn't and ya wanna know why I didn't walk?  Well here it is, my state has a rule that no sex offenders are aloud on public school grounds, and the commencement was held in a local High School.  My husband is less than a year before FINALLY being off of probation and we just don't want to take any chances.  How sad is it that things like where a commencement is held is something we have to worry about.  How sad is it that some how some people are just never aloud to move on.  I guess if I had to really critize this whole situation is that it subjects people to an extended amount of punishment that other wrong-dooers are not subjected too, and it doesn't just stop at the "perpetrator" it encompasses their family and friends as well.

Hey have I mentioned that I'm a grandma?  Well I'm a step grandma but I've never gotten to see my grand-baby.  The mommy is my husbands daughter who was adopted by family members on her mothers side.  She came up to visit/live with her birth mom when she had a fight with her adoptive parents.  She asked if she could get to know her father and his "new" family; so we meet her.  And we walked her threw my husbands whole dang story, and she said she understood.  She told us that we could be grandparents, and she asked us to buy her a crib for the baby she was going to have.  I EVEN brought over a bunch of cloths from my daughter that had passed away and offered her the use of them.  We went threw the whole explanation about how I've been threw the Sex Offender supervision classes, and that I've been approved by not only the State Probation officers but also by a Judge of the State, and that he is aloud to be around any children as long as I am with him.  His PO says he is aloud to do anything that a normal parent does, and that includes seeing his children and grandchildren.

At first she seemed understanding, so we aloud ourselves to get excited, and then we were told; after the baby shower, for which we spent over 200 dollars on food for, that she was never going to let us see the baby, and had never planned to.  She has come up with every excuse possible to say that I'm lying about the our ability to be around children.  She used us, plain and simple and its so frustrating because it's just one more way that this kind of thing never ever goes away.  Maybe some how, some time I'll help to get this changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment