Me

Me
just Me

Sunday, June 2, 2013

The Kid Said WHAT?! For 2000 Alex...

So its summer, and my wonderful hubby gets my daughter a med sized swimming pool.. One of those "it sets up as you fill it" pools.  And we knew just knew that it would inevitably pull at the other kids in the neighborhood.   So it started today.  We decided to cook, hot dogs, and brats over the fire in the fire pit we have in our yard; and we have a friend with her son up to visit.  SOOO not only do we have a tire swing in the yard, a pool, AND a fire pit, but also 2 5 yr olds running around our yard.  AND low and behold my husband come inside from starting the fire and tells me that he NEEDS me outside, because there is some strange kid in our yard that wont leave.   So I go outside and this kid, who I find out is 7 and going into 2nd grade and lives down the street from us just makes himself at home in our yard.  I'm outside so my husband is not ever alone with this kid and we don't let him in our house but its difficult to chase him away.

All things are ok, he is a bit annoying but not overly so.  We find out he has a bee-bee gun and a bow, and he is in the Cub Scouts, and his mom is his Cub Scout leader, then eventually my husband and our friend go inside, with our friends son and I'm left out side with my daughter and this little boy.  Pretty soon he is sitting next to me and starts talking about stuff I can not believe is coming out of his mouth.

He says that boys don't like to play with girls , and I say "why wouldn't you want to play with girls?" and he says "cuz.... I don't like playing with girls.  Like when boys and girls get comfortable with each other."  I believe I know where he is going but I'm not about to let on.  This is not my kid, and I'm not about to lead him down this road unless he wants to go there.  He says "You know when boys and girls get REALLY Comfortable with each other?"  I play dumb, and say, what do you mean?  he says "you know it starts with an "S".... and then has an "E" and ends with "X".   I don't like to talk about it very much, it make me uncomfortable."
I'm floored, I say "Well your kinda young to really have to worry about that so its OK to be uncomfortable with that."  What else am I supposed to say?!! OMG!!!!  HERE I am the wife of a level 3 sex offender basically having a sex talk with some random kid in the neighborhood.  Then he says that this other kid forced him to "do things with a girl and he didn't like it."   I ask if he told anyone and he said "Ya I told his parents, and he got in trouble and got grounded to his room."  I said that it was good that he told, and then he says that he bought a WII with the 100 that the kid gave him.  BLINK BLINK WHAT!!!!  UM WOW... this line of conversation goes on for a while and I basically hear a couple of seemingly disconnected events, like some kid saying that he did something but they looked at a video of it and found that it was the other kid not him.. So he did not get in trouble..... I almost walked this kid home.  But I had already established that he had indeed told an adult.  At this point I'm not really sure what to do or IF I should do any more. I think I'll take a walk and go meet his family in the next day or so, just to be safe....

It still weirds me out when I get put in this kind of position... maybe I should call the police, just to be safe... I guess I really can't doubt that I'm on the right track career wise...  I'm just dumbfounded, and creep-ed out just a bit.. ya know...Any thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment