Me

Me
just Me

Friday, March 29, 2013

Written by me in 2010

I agree that some people should be locked away for ever, I understand that some are just sick individuals. However as a Wife of a SO, I also see where some people just made some really poor decisions as a youth or young adult.

I really believe that there has to be differences when it comes to offenders who are violent and non violent, and when the offender is inappropriate with a person who has not reached puberty and one who has. These things are not noted in the current laws. Nor will they be if the Adam Walsh Act goes threw.

Speaking as a person living with a loved one on the registry its amazing the extent of discrimination you can now receive for a mistake made sometimes years ago. Now days being convicted of a sex crime is ridiculously easy, and just about as damning to a person, their future, family, employment opportunities, living situations and self-esteem as being diagnosed with HIV or AIDS was 20 years ago.

There is therapy in place for people who make these mistakes and as long as they are not one of the unfortunate ones who simply can not be "cured" they can come out of it simple people who want to move forward with their lives. These lists are not aiding that goal, and thus dragging would be productive, healthy, wonderful members of society down even more.

I personally have seen my husband use so much from his therapy to interact with his children, whom he is still aloud to see and even live with. He took his counseling and therapy to heart and learned and grew from it. He is not a threat to society, his was a mistake, and then rebellion of the system because he figured his life was already messed up what was the point. He sees the point now and regrets his actions, and yet he is not aloud to move on. Our daughter will most likely not be aloud to participate in girl scouts because her daddy screwed a willing 15 year old, 16 years ago. By the time she would be ready for girl-scouts it will be 20 to 25 years in the past that SHE will be paying for.

Its not the ones that are registered that I'm worried about, its the SO that aren't registered, that have not been caught, that have not gotten help, that we don't know about, who are living down the street or in the next town that I fear. I intend to raise my child with knowledge of her fathers mistakes, and to be cautious of people whom she doesn't know, and the no touching under swim suit rule. A rule, I must say my husband was never taught. However I also intend to teach her that sometimes mistakes are made and you must forgive and move on. That is the goal and supposition of our incarceration system.

I asked an officer of the law once why we have a registry for the SO's and not for murderers. I personally would like to know if someone in my neighborhood is unstable enough to commit such a violent crime. Yet when they serve their time they can move anywhere and other than working and having to admit to a felony they don't have that transgression following them around like an albatross around their neck. His answer if you will believe it was that, well Murderers don't leave their victims alive.


Don't leave their victims alive?! What are you talking about man?! The family of the deceased are still that person's victim. And correct me if I'm wrong but I believe you can go to counseling and therapy and somewhat recover from a molestation or rape, but you can not recover from death.

There is something not right in this AWA, and mainly it is not acknowledging a person's ability to grow and become better.

10 comments:

  1. Love the blog read the whole thing but I'm also in the same boat I'm engaged to a s/o and he really didn't want me to find out but I did and by the time I found out it was to late I love him so much but it's crazy but I still don't fully understand like would something happen to me if we were to get married "would" it be harder for me to do things as well as him I mean he is working overtime hard at a low paying job and can't really go to school because of the long hours at work

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lot of issues that I have come into the realm of where do you live? If you live in a bigger city its easier to get jobs, both for you and your sweetie. I am a little cautious about him not being completely up front with you in the beginning. Only by openly facing this kind of thing can you move forward for real. We currently live in the area my hubby grew up and its small so if we move and he gets re-publicized then there is forever a chance that the business will decided that they will get to much flack from the community and he will get let go. I also find it difficult to find work because of peoples prejudices. It also depends greatly on what level your honey is, and how long ago it was and what the whole circumstances are. Many hurdles to jump threw but totally worth it when he is the right person for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the first blog I have seen like this. I love it. People dont realize that SO paid their debt to society and have the same write to pursue happiness. I have seen people who live with SO and the court have threatened to take their children away, and have taken away their right to go to church because the SO goes their too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm still looking for a church that will allow my WHOLE family to attend. My husband doesnt REALLY want to go but I don't want to go to a place that forbids my husband. Why you ask well I have a 5 yr old daughter who I want to raise to respect her father and if church can't respect her father how can I tell her to? He is already forbidden from all school activities, and he would not let me give her his last name what else can they take away from her?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello I'm Audi Wildasin (soon to be Gudz) I have been reading your blog. It's relieving in a way knowing I'm not the only person going threw this. I met my fiancé on December 7,2012 and we started dating. Then I went to his house New Years and he told me he was a fourth degree sex offender and what happened when he was 20 because his "friend" and a 15 year old girl decided to lie about her age saying she was 17 (what peeves me off is that courts don't realize that young teens these days lie about their age to be with or just have sex with people older than them and people say the teens who do this don't know any better or the adult in the situation shouldn't have done things with them because they should've known. How are you supposed to know the actual age of someone?if they lie and insist they are a different age like when people say they are younger than what they are to be with younger people.) When he finished I smiled and kissed his lips as he looked at me in utter shock I told him thank you for telling me the truth I feel trusted for you telling me. He was still shocked and said he thought I'd leave him I asked why I would do that? He said that's just what's happens I hugged him babe I love you no matter your past I love you for the you I know. Then four months later on March 15, 13 he proposed to me. The next weekend my father's family was in an uproar seeing a ring on my left hand from my sex offender boyfriend and proceeded to tell me I am ruining my life and I told them he has done less emotionally scaring things to me than any of you also I most of you all either had sex with a minor or were the consenting minor. I accept him for who he is and the mistakes he made I love him. He also moved in and helped me threw my parents divorce. I owe him for my sanity and when I gained weight he told me I'm still gorgeous. He stayed with me threw a lot. He was also the first guy to show true love and compassion to me. When ever I look at him I see a kind gentile man who I can trust but because of a mistake due to a horny teenager and a despicable " friend" who knew the truth but with held it, my fiancé has to register as a sex offender. Then two years later the "friend" got him in trouble again when the "friend's" mom had to go to West Virginia she asked my fiancé to keep an eye on the "friend" who is an epileptic of the same age as my fiancé but while on route to "friend's" house he asked my fiancé to buy beer which my fiancé saw no problem with since they were both 21 but unfortunately the "friend" left out two important things that the "friend" was smoking synthetic marijuana and there was a twelve year old that was going to be there. Fortunately the parents of the twelve year old knew my fiancé and his charges/ the reasons for them so that part was fine. The unfortunate part was that the "friend" was smoking synthetic marijuana which causes seizers and an epileptic has an increased chance for a seizer. Which didn't happen until late at night everyone was getting ready for bed the twelve year old ran down and told my fiancé his "friend" was having a seizer and somewhere between him going upstairs and there paramedics getting to the house but the twelve year old decided that she wanted to be a rebel and grabbed a beer and the paramedics saw and it had to be reported. At first the"friend" was the won being charged with endangerment of a minor but the court dropped them because of the "friend's" epilepsy they didn't want to send him to jail. A year later my fiancé was being charged because he was also there and he bought the beer. He is now in prison for ten months with possibility of early release but will be out in time for our wedding June 8, 2014

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is disgusting victim blaming much? It's funny how the only dick y'all can get is from a pervert...lol y'all some desperate, pervert loving bitches!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is disgusting victim blaming much? It's funny how the only dick y'all can get is from a pervert...lol y'all some desperate, pervert loving bitches!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So many things I could say...but I wont... all I will say is, I hope you never do anything wrong or unwise and find that you have to live with a reminder of that poor decision for the rest of your life. God Bless

      Delete