Me

Me
just Me

Tuesday, May 5, 2015

What Children Say

I can't get this out of my head.  I got a phone call today from my daughters school, and apparently she was talking about sex to other kids.
I was floored and immediately started trying to figure out what and where she got this information or words.  We do kinda of openly talk about sex but not with graphic words.  From what her teacher told me she actually said penis.. I've never told her what a penis is.  My husband doesn't do anything remotely undressed while around her and we have been like hawks about what she watches on tv and who watches her for babysitting.
So NOW I have a meeting at the school Thursday and I'm so scared.  I've  not told the school about my husband's past.  Not this time, we just chose to not mention it and just keep him off grounds to avoid any issues so that no parents can cause a stink and talk to their kids about, Sun's Daddy.  It really hurts Sun's feelings when people tell her that her daddy is a bad man when he isn't.

We talked to her on our walk home and it sounds like OTHER kids who are older and also who may be at some kind of risk for inappropriate contact with cousins told her about things like someone's cousin wanted the girl to lick his penis and that sparked some dreams for Sun and that was some of what she was talking about.
We told her that talking about any of this with her friends is not ok, she can talk to a teacher, or Mommy or Daddy or other trusted adults, but she needs to tell if someone tries to touch her.
We asked her if she told anyone she said no.  She said she was afraid of getting in trouble and we told her that telling keeps her and her friends safe.
Apparently she also told her special ed teacher that she loves boys and wants to hug the and kiss them, and then she reached down to touch herself.
We have told her she can't do that in front of people... BUT the Trouble is she is already growing hair there and I think it itches her.  We had her tested and she is not entering early puberty but my grandma started her cycle at 9 and Sun is 7 so who knows... poor kid.
Most of all we told her she was not in trouble we just wanted to understand what was happening with her, and to make sure she is safe and that she can talk to us anytime about this stuff.

We asked her what sex was and she said it was when people take their close off and kissing.

We asked her what a penis is, and she didn't know.
( I told her it was the boy version of a potty) Heck, you need to make sure they are informed.

We asked her if anyone has tried to touch her in her potty, and she said one boy who is 8 tried and she told him no and pushed him away; she said he keeps watching her and makes her uncomfortable.

She said if the other boy tries to do anything like that with her she will say no.

We asked her if she has ever seen anyone in this house naked, and she said no. but we reminded her that she sometimes likes to take showers with me so yes but just Mommy.

We asked her if she ever saw Daddy naked she said no.

We asked her what Mommy and Daddy wear to bed and she got Mommy's nightgowns right but thought Daddy wore pajamas.. just more proof that she never sees him unclothed.

We asked her who gives he baths, and she said Mommy, but Daddy sometimes helps wash her hair.

We asked who washes her potty and butt with soap and she said she does, but sometimes Mommy does when she has an owie.  NEVER Daddy.

I know that we have not done anything wrong.


The only thing I can think of is sometimes having Criminal Minds on TV and she comes into the room and I don't get to change the channel soon enough. She watches Disney Jr. and WWE (she loves John Cena). and 19 Kids and Counting.

I'm just so scared about how this meeting is going to go and I can't have my husband there b/c well he is not allowed on school grounds and when I'm stressed I just break down and I'm afraid I won't be a good advocate for my child.  There is just so much stigma and like I've said before so much fear about how people will look at things and make a cascade of stress and issues that I just don't want to have to face.  I'm a worrier and this is not helping.

My wonderful husband said I shouldn't worry.  If they were going to investigate they would not be calling me into school to talk about stuff and if they even hint at wanting to take our daughter out of our home he will sleep in the truck just to keep us all safe..
I know that I usually try to give some encouragement or just vent but today I'm asking for prayers because I just need to stay calm and rest in the fact that God will keep us all safe and together.


1 comment: